To be guaranteed to receive your Folio Society books before Christmas,you have to place your order by 1st December,irrespective of where you live.It’s a pretty good thing that the company has had a thought for customers from faraway countries – like me.
Despite my disillusionment,I’m going ahead with a plan I had in my mind for quite a while: I wish to give away a book in Folio edition for Christmas.This year has been pretty special and this blog has helped me in a myriad of ways.Writing reviews and articles has been a form of escapism for me,and I’ve also met some really wonderful people.So to celebrate Christmas on this blog,I’ve decided to give one of you a new Folio Society.Those who read my posts quite often know how much I’m fond of these books,so I think a Folio book is a fitting prize for my first giveaway on this blog.The winner will get to choose one of the following Folio books:
- Never Let Me Go – Kazuo Ishiguro
- Heart of Darkness – Joseph Conrad
- The Hitchhiker’s Guide to Galaxy – Douglas Adams
- Breakfast at Tiffany’s – Truman Capote
- Brave New World – Aldous Huxley
- Fahrenheit 451 – Ray Bradbury
- Lord of the Flies – William Golding
- The Trial – Franz Kafka
- Slaughterhouse-Five – Kurt Vonnegut
- A Clockwork Orange – Anthony Burgess (Recently Added)
- The Great Gatsby – F.Scott Fitzgerald (Recently Added)
- Wuthering Heights – Emily Bronte (Recently Added)
The rules are pretty simple:
- Just leave a comment. (and state what book you want).
- The draw will take place on random.org which provides a random generator.The person will be allocated a number depending on the order of the comments: if he commented first,he’ll be assigned number 1.
- The giveaway starts now and ends on 29th November. (At midnight in the United Kingdom)
- You can enter the giveaway no matter where you live.
- If I get less than 15 people,the giveaway will be cancelled; it doesn’t make any sense to host a giveaway with few people,especially with such a prize as a Folio book.
Did I mention the giveaway will be totally FREE? You can keep your precious little 50p this time. 🙂