A bookworm is one who keeps buying books even though he has yet to finish reading all the ones on his shelves.
There are some books I bought in 2013 that I haven’t yet read.There are also books I ordered in (very late)2013 that I haven’t yet received.Given that I always read the books I bought first, my Reading List for 2014 will mostly be made of books bought in the past year.
So here is the list:
Note that the books are ordered from oldest to newest.
- Lord of the Flies – William Golding (currently reading)
- Of Human Bondage – Somerset W. Maugham
- Never Let Me Go – Kazuo Ishiguro
- The Great Gatsby – F.Scott Fitzgerald
- Midnight’s Children – Salman Rushdie
- A Brave New World – Aldous Huxley
- Anna Karenina – Leo Tolstoy
- Possession – A.S.Byatt
- 100 Years of Solitude – Gabriel García Márquez
- The Prince – Niccolo Machiavelli
- The Brothers Karamazov – Fyodor Dostoevsky
- Justine – Lawrence Durrell
- Good Behaviour – Molly Keane
- As I Lay Dying – William Faulkner
- Disgrace – J.M.Coetzee
- The Outsider – Albert Camus
- The sea,the sea – Iris Murdoch
Is there any book in this list that you’ve read? Do you think that one or more books will be particularly exhausting or incredibly endearing? I’d love to hear your thoughts. 🙂